I received an email this morning that Bluebear have released a new version of the management.
Here are the changes from the release notes
Kodiak 0.0.3 Release Notes:
This version of Kodiak represents a significant change in our server-communication architecture.
- We've added a schema-compliant request/argument builder engine that populates requests based on known information. This makes building requests much easier.
- A lua scripting engine. Each server connection gets its own independent Lua script.
- Independent object pools.
- Improved mapping response and control.
- Map connection node & link display control.
- We've created a "plugin api" where a user may build a plugin to communicate with any kind
of data service. We'll be publishing information on this on our wiki.
- We've added a number of "boilerplate" features that will become more apparent in the next
few releases as we push Kodiak towards our goal of creating an "IT IDE".
- Access for users to create their own scripts. Kodiak's UI/inspector controls are driven by a "global schema" that allows a user to create their own customized scripts for management. Please visit the bluebear wiki for further information regarding customizing the script engine. As yet, we don't have a full UI for managing user scripts, but we will shortly.
- The remote event log has been removed for this release.
- For Windows users who experience the dreaded "SSL certificate bug", we've added a preferences option to bypass the windows SSL stack. This option is accessible from the Preferences menu.
- Password vault & credentials storage. Kodiak now has the ability to save username/password pairs in an encrypted password vault, locked with a master password.
- Server object creation is disabled while we migrate the control components into the VMWare plugin, we will re-enable these in a couple of days.
I have tried the previous releases of the product out, and find it to be an interesting idea. I personally had severe issues with it running on a windows machine because of SSL certificate issues (which it seems they have addressed), so I moved to running from a Ubuntu host instead.
One of the better changes that I see now is the documentation page, which I found was non-existent till now, so I hope this will improve my experience with the product and enable better use.
I have a few invitations that I can give out so if you would like one, leave a comment on this post
A proper review of the release will come out soon.