General Availability Release | 31 August 2009 | Build 1017
Last document update: 25 August 2009
New Features in VMware Studio 2.0
The following features were added between VMware Studio 1.0 and 2.0:
- Ability to create multiple-VM appliances, or vApps, to run on VMware vSphere.
- More provisioning engines including ESX/ESXi 3.5 and 4, VMware Workstation 6.5.1, and VMware Server 2.0.
- Build support for Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit) virtual appliances.
- Build support for 64-bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and SUSE Enterprise Linux Server (SLES).
- Build support new Linux distributions RHEL 5.3, CentOS 5.3, and Ubuntu 8.04.1.
- Extensible management services allow you to customize an interface into a new tab.
- An Eclipse™ plug-in helps you package applications and create management services.
- Automatic dependency resolution for application packages installed on Linux-based virtual appliances.
- Existing VM build (input-as-VM) for Linux virtual appliances.
- DMTF standard OVF 1.0 and open virtual appliance (OVA) packaging. VMware Studio 1.0 supported OVF 0.9.
Can be downloaded from this link