Thanks to Christopher Wells for the heads up
So What’s New?
Virtual Storage Console 4.0 for VMware vSphere includes enhancements to all four capabilities.
- Data ONTAP® for Cluster-Mode
- Management of consolidated storage controller credentials
These credentials apply to the Monitoring and Host Configuration capability, the Provisioning and Cloning capability, and the Optimization and Migration capability.
- Scanning for and flagging indirect paths used to access data for Cluster-Mode based NFS exports, and providing a list of potential direct data paths
- The NFS VAAI Plugin
This is a software library that integrates with Virtual Disk Libraries and allows VMware software to execute certain primitives on NetApp storage controllers.
- Provision and manage NFS and VMFS datastores on storage systems running Data ONTAP for Cluster-Mode
- Use the Monitoring and Host Configuration capability to add and remove storage systems
- Review the alignment status of virtual machines
- Perform online alignment of virtual machines by migrating them into optimized VMFS datastores
- Migrate a group of virtual machines into new or existing datastores
- Back up and restore a virtual machine even if a VMware consistency snapshot fails
The Monitoring and Host Configuration capability adds support for the following:
The Provisioning and Cloning capability enables you to perform the following tasks:
A new capability, Optimization and Migration, enables you to perform the following tasks:
The Backup and Recovery capability enables you to perform the following task:
Access to this tool requires a NOW account and of course a valid license.