In previous years the Solutions Exchange floor usually opened with a the Hall Crawl which was at the end of the first day (i.e. Monday). This year it opened on Sunday afternoon and was open until the end of Wednesday.
I have not been able to find out what the rationale was behind this, and it depends on who you ask this was either a good / a bad thing.
- People at the show on Sunday – could already get on the floor to speak to Vendors.
- The mad rush for giveaways for SWAG was not on Thursday afternoon – which means the vendors closed up shop early – and they could make it home back in time for the end of the week.
- Sessions on Thursday – actually had people in them. I have never seen so many people in sessions on the last day of the show – they had nowhere else to go..
- It was quiet – you could hear yourself.
- It was less crowded – because people had already gone back home.
- Vendors had to arrive before Sunday to set everything up – I guess that some of them were already there on Saturday or Friday.
- I did not count the hours – to see if they had more or less show floor hours than previous years.If there were less hours then it was not good for the vendors.
- It was less crowded – that means people did not stay for the last day.
- As a participant, to get full use of the session floor – you needed to be there on Sunday.
Please feel free to add your comments below.
I appreciated the quiet on Thursday and happy to see so many people – even at the last scheduled sessions on Thursday.