I started this blog - like most of us bloggers for none other than a personal reference for keeping track of things I find during my day.
Officially my first blog post is dated somewhere in November 2007, but I can say that I started seriously from November 2008.
Now I posted some new years resolutions a while back when the new Jewish year started.
I can say that from that list of things I wanted to get done I have done the following:
- Continue assistance to R&D / PD with enabling them to perform their job better / faster / easier
(This project is well under way)
- Lab manager - start to work with these products - for better productivity
(I am starting a POC for Lab Manager)
- Help the business with developing a Virtual Appliance Version of our product
(Not yet - but we are getting more and more interest from the customer’s to utilize Virtualization)
- More efficient backup methods and faster restore time
(we are currently evaluating EMC Avamar for this purpose)
- Utilize the latest storage technologies for
- Thin provisioning
- Storage de-duplication
- Storage offloaded snapshots
(This is coming - much sooner than I expected since we are outgrowing our current storage)
- Utilize more scripting for more standardization of procedures (PowerCLI)
(Have you noticed my blog lately???)
There is still a lot of work for me to do, but I think this is a good start.
I would like to thank each and every one of my 50,533 Unique visitors since January 1, 2009, that have honored me by visiting this blog. I certainly did not think that this was going to happen when I started my first blog Just over a year ago.
The most popular articles over the past year were:
Thank you all for a wonderful year - and I am really looking forward to an
even more interesting one in 2010.