2014-12-31

How Did 2014 Turn Out For You?

60 Blog posts in a 2014 – sometimes I don’t understand how that happens. Is that a lot? A little?

I have always said that I do not blog for the sake of blogging, but to share information and my thoughts. It is good to see that people find this useful – and do take an interest in what I have to say.

The 5 posts that received the highest number of visitors in the past year were:

  1. The Quickest Way to Get Started with Docker
  2. VSAN - The Unspoken Truth
  3. vCenter is Still a Single Point of Failure
  4. Nova-Docker on Juno
  5. Introducing VIRL Personal Edition

What did I blog about? I calculated this with the tags I attached to each of the posts:

  1. OpenStack (30)
  2. VMware (19)
  3. Cloud (12)
  4. DevOps (7)
  5. VMworld (6)
  6. Automation, Administration, Architecture, Design and Docker (5)

(Ok I lied – that was more than 5 topics)

If you would like more of a graphic presentation – here you go.

Tag Cloud

For me it has is interesting to see that my focus has changed, and not VMware centric any more. I guess that is an expected thing – with my current role and also that I have a more overall solution in mind during my daily work – which is so much more than virtualization.

I hit a Milestone – on December 03, 2014 where I surpassed over 2,000,000 Pageviews on my blog.

2 Million

It took me 5 years to achieve my first million, the second was achieved in only two years. I have been blogging for 7 years now, it always good to share my thoughts, my insights, and sometimes my rants. I hope you all benefit, and will continue to make use of the articles I write.

Here is looking to a great 2015, filled with opportunities, community and exciting things ahead.

And how did 2014 turn out for you? Please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts below.

Catch you on all the flip side!