2013-05-20

Change Outlook Meetings En Masse

I had my mailbox migrated to a new domain today. One of the side effects of this was that for silly reason, a large number of my meetings now had a prefix of Copy: added to the subject of the meeting.

image

Which annoyed the hell out of me.

Now I could go ahead and remove all the extra information one by one - but that is tedious annoying and against my automation principles.

So starting with this post Retrieve all-day appointments in Outlook with PowerShell and this one as well Create Outlook Appointments from PowerShell, I have managed to change all the outlook appointments that have the extra text in the subject line with the following lines of code

$olApp = New-Object -COM Outlook.Application
$namespace = $olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
$fldCalendar = $namespace.GetDefaultFolder(9)
$items = $fldCalendar.Items
$copies = $items  | ? {$_.Subject -like "Copy:*" }
$copies | % {
	$newsubject = ($_.Subject).Trim("Copy: ")
	$_.Subject = $newsubject
	$_.Save()
}

Before

Before

After

After

Gotta Love PowerShell!!